Book a night or two and make an early start to the Werribee Open Range Zoo located only 3km from Carter Cottages.
Werribee Zoo developed around the beautiful and picturesque Werribee River; the 200 hectare property is home to a range of magnificent animals from the grasslands of Africa, Asia, North America and Australia.
The exciting guided wildlife safari amongst the roaming animals provides superb opportunities for “close up” animal encounters that will be sure to enhance any event.
Once visitors have entered the Open Range Zoo, they can book for and take a safari bus tour which runs according to the expected demand – usually at least every twenty minutes on weekends and public holidays. The safari tour normally lasts 45 min and takes up to 70 people, not including the guide. Photos are encouraged, but drinking, eating and smoking are not allowed on the bus. The safari tour begins and ends at the bus shelter near the Meerkat Bistro and Function Centre. The safari tour includes animals such as the hippo, animals of the grassland, like zebra, waterbuck, giraffe, ostrich, and rhinoceros, as well as the camel and the Oryx. The animals are kept ‘open range,’ however, often young are not released until they have bonded with the mother.
Suggested Family Package
- Two adults & two children (4 – 15 years) only valid weekends and school holidays
- Two nights at Carter Cottages in family suite
- A self-serve continental breakfast each morning
- Family pass to the Werribee Open Range Zoo
- Lunch Hamper for each family member for one day
- Late check out
Suggested Couples Package
- Two adults for 2 nights at Carter Cottages
- A continental breakfast each morning
- Adult Pass to the Werribee Open Range Zoo
- Lunch Hamper each for one day
- Bottle of Wine
- Cheese Platter
- Late check out
Packages can be tailored to suit your needs and only limited by your imagination, speak to management to design a special package for your visit.