At Carter Cottages we provide a venue that caters for the most intimate of private functions to suit your needs. We will be there every step of the way to ensure that your event is remembered by all who attend. You have our commitment to make sure your event is exceptional in every sense.
Carter Cottages has a main function area available for private hire; our private room caters for the most intimate gathering, from cocktail functions to small formal sit down meals. The following information will give you a guide to our function flexibility
- Small Weddings
- Dinner Parties
- Social Club Functions
- Business Meetings
The booking process:
A tentative booking can be made and will be held for 7 days at no charge. If you wish to confirm your booking, we then require you to complete a booking form, agree to the terms and conditions given to you, and pay a non-refundable deposit. The deposit amount is determined by Management. Once the booking is made you are welcome to contact management to discuss your function, as many times as you wish, and you will be contacted prior to your event to finalise details for your event. Full payment is due a minimum of 3 days prior to your even date.
Business Functions (Conference, Workshops, seminars)
Carter Cottages provides a healthy alternative to the commercial business structures where you can create better ideas in a creative environment. Our cottages and function room have Internet Access, Printing facilities (function room only), TV for Presentations, Projector Screen and white board if required.
Meetings can be booked for half days, full days or overnight, where breakfast, lunch or dinners can be arranged.
Various configurations of function room can be prepared as required to ensure an effective delivery.
|Combinations||# of guests||Equipment included|
Projection screen, TV, Whiteboard & Markers, Power Boards & Extensions, Wireless Internet,
Complementary iced water and mints are provided with all Business Functions.
If your function requires overnight accommodation we have several self-contained cottages available or stay in our shared cottage where guests are sharing the dining area to continue networking and fellowship.
(Weddings, Communions, Christenings, Dinner Parties, Social Clubs)
Celebrate your wedding at Carter Cottages and hold your ceremony and reception in the same venue. Carter Cottages has a lovely area suitable for a wedding ceremony and several spots for photos.
|Combinations||# of guests||Equipment included|
Tables, Chairs, Cutlery, Crockery, Glasses, Table Cloths, Tea & Coffee, Mugs, Platters
|Sit down dinner||30|
What the booking includes
The room hire fee varies depending on the area of the booking and includes:
- Room hire
- Tables cloths and napkins
- Cake table
- Cake knife
- Personalised table menus
- Staffing for the duration of your function
- Tea and coffee for the duration of your function
- Full set up of the function room
- Access to the venue for photos
Carter Cottages do not have centrepieces or chair covers available for hire, however we can assist you with choosing and even ordering your covers and centrepieces for you.
A very large range of chair covers, sashes, table centrepieces and decorations are available for hire through a local supplier, we would be happy to put you into contact with them, or alternatively we can arrange it all for you for a small fee. If you would prefer to supply your own chair covers, we can set them at a fee $3.00 per chair cover, or you can arrange for family or friends to set them on the day of your wedding at no charge.
If you would prefer to supply your own table decorations, we would be happy to set up all of your decorations for you right down to name place cards.
White table cloths and paper napkins are supplied at no charge, if you would like any other colour napkins or incorporated into the white napkins a charge of 50 cents per napkin applies.
Terms & Conditions
- A tentative booking will be held for a period of 7 days, after which time the booking confirmation form and deposit has not been received the booking will automatically be cancelled.
- A minimum spend of $1000.00 applies to all functions held on a Friday or Saturday evening.
- A non-refundable deposit of $400.00 is required to secure your booking. This deposit is held to that date and not transferable unless more than three months advance notice is given and the new date is confirmed within one month of postponing. The new date of the function must be within 1 year of the original date.
- Once the deposit is paid the specific area is booked for your use only and you are responsible for what it entails.
- Final numbers and payment is required 14 days prior to the event, along with menu choices and any dietary requirements of your guests. Any changes after this time are subject to availability and may incur additional fees. Refunds will not be given for any changes in numbers within 14 days of your function.
- Payment is to be received in full 14 days prior to the event by cheque, cash or by EFTPOS.
- Accommodation included in any package must be booked by you, the guest/coordinator, and is subject to availability.
- We do not permit food of any kind to be brought into the venue for consumption. The exception being cakes, please contact management.
- For any event held on a public holiday a surcharge of 10% of the total food cost will apply.
- If you require special equipment or decorations Carter Cottages will assist in supplying them for you. Charges will apply according to requirements.
- Access to the function room for set up is in conjunction with Carter Cottages. All musicians, DJs, etc. are to contact the management to make arrangements prior to the event. All band requirements are to be made aware to management before your event. Any meal and beverage costs are to be covered by you the client.
- All extra purchases are to be finalized upon completion of function unless prior arrangements have been made with management. Cheques will not be accepted on the day of your function.
- All decorations are to be approved before day of function. Nothing is to be fixed to the walls and all decorations are to be of a professional manner. All balloons are to be attached to a weight, any loose balloons are to be removed by the client at the conclusion
- The client is to be fully responsible for conducting their function in an orderly manner and is fully responsible for the manner of their guests. All functions are to be in accordance with the state laws and Carter Cottages reserves the right to refuse entry and to eject any persons deemed to be not following these. Management’s decision is final.
- The client is fully responsible for any damage to the venue. General cleaning is supplied by Carter Cottages but any specialist cleaning required due to damages at your event will be charged accordingly.
- Carter Cottages does not accept responsibility to any damage or loss of goods left on the premises prior to, during or after the event. You, the client, are responsible for any theft that occurs during the event.
- For Weddings or special events where name placing is required, an electronic list of all guests’ names, their tables and in order of seating arrangements is required 7 days prior. All place cards are to be given in individual envelopes labelled according to their table number at least 2 days prior.
- All prices and menus are current at time of quotation and are subject to revision.
- For the comfort of in-house guests, all music during event is to be turned down at 11pm and turned off (including background music) by 11.30pm with vacation of all guests by midnight.
- Carter Cottages is a smoke free venue. There are designated smoking areas located outside with ashtrays available.